Middle Dnipro Territory – sources of Ukrainian national revolution of mid XVII century
Introduction. This research paper is based on the thorough study of actual historical documents and recent research studies. Its objective is to analyze the role and significance of the Middle Dnipro Territory population in the conception of revolutionary events of mid XVII century. The paper studies why Middle Dnipro Territory happened to be in the center of severe oppression by Polish nobility during so called «golden decade». It is stated in the paper that it became possible as a result of execution of imperial doctrine of Rech Pospolita in regards to Ukrainian territories.
More severe oppression of Middle Dnipro Territory population was executed by the Polish power in all domains – economic, political, religious, and cultural. Considering the Middle Dnipro Territory is a cradle of the Ukrainian Kozak movement, as the first kozak-peasant rebellions took place here at the end of XVI – first quarter of XVII century, more severe oppression was executed towards all kozak representative, such as reestr kozaks, low kozaks, town kozaks.
This research concludes that the Middle Dnipro Territory served as a cradle of Ukrainian national revolutionary movement of mid XVII century.
1. Krypiakevich, I. P. (1940). Bogdan Khmelnitsliy. Second Edition, corrected and expanded. – Lviv: Svit, (in Ukr.)
2. Slownik geograficzny krolewstwa polskiego i innych krajow slowianskich. Warszawa, 1882. V. 3, 1885. V. 6., 1892. V. 5, 1895. V. 14 (in Pl.)
3. Reestr podynyi of 1631. (in Ukr.)
4. Acts of Sothern and Western Russia history. (1878). Spb. – V. 10 (in Russ.)
5. Rawita-Gawzonski, F. Sprawi i zoczy ukrainskie. (1914). Lwow (in Pl.)
6. Smoliy V. & Stepankov V. (1999). Ukrainian national revolution of middle XVII century: problems, searches and solutions. Kyiv (in Ukr.)
7. Kompan, O. (1963). Towns of Ukrain in the second half of XVII century. Kyiv (in Ukr.)
8. Marochkin, V. P. (1989). Antifeudal and Liberating movement in Ukraine in the first quarter of XVII centure. Kyiv (in Ukr.)
9. Mtiakh, V. (1998). System of values in the societal mentality of Ukraine-Getmanshchyny: research directions. Ukrainian Kozak State: sources and directions of historical development. Kyiv-Cherkasy, 1 (in Ukr.)
10. Bogdan Khmelnitski’s Documents (edited by I. Krypiakevych, I. Butych) (1961). Kyiv: AN URSR (in Ukr.)
11. Tymoshenko, L. V. (1961). Articles of Brestska Unia of 1596. UIZH, 4 (in Ukr.)
12. Sysyn, F. (1995). Khmelnychchyna and its role in the creation of modern nation. UIZH, 4 (in Ukr.)
13. Bevzo, O. A. (1971). Lviv and Ostrov chronicler. Kyiv (in Ukr.)
14. Samovydets’ Chronicles. (1971). Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Ukr.)
15. Mytsyk, Y. A. (1996). National liberating war of Ukrainian people in the middle of XVII century in the opinion of rebels. Kozak wars of XVII century in the historical consciousness of Polish and Ukrainian peoples / Documants of Polish-Ukrainian scientific meeting. Lviv-Lyublyn (in Ukr.)
16. Samiylo Velychko. Chronicles. (1991). Kyiv: Dnipro, 1 (in Ukr.)
17. Latopisiek albo kroniczka zoznych spraw i dziejow daunych i tezaznijszych czasow Joachima Jerlicza (1853). Warszawa, 1, 49 (in Pl.)
18. Ukraine before Liberating war of 1648–1654: Collection of documents (1639–1648) (1946). Kyiv (in Ukr.)
19. Chaban, A. U. (2011). History of Middle Naddniprianshchyny. Cherkasy (in Ukr.)
- There are currently no refbacks.